Product Development Chemist
A global specialty packaging pioneer, CCL is the largest label company in the world and provides innovative solutions to the Home & Personal Care, Premium Food & Beverage, Healthcare & Specialty, Automotive & Durables and Consumer markets worldwide. The Company is divided into four reporting segments: CCL Label, CCL Container, Avery and Checkpoint. CCL currently operates in 40 countries, across 6 continents, and employees over 22,000 employees in 168 production facilities. To learn more visit us at https://ccllabel.com/about-us/.
This position is responsible for working with a team on assigned projects and tasks within the CCL Design product development group. The individual will play a role in designing and testing new products specifically around adhesives and coatings. This position works closely with other members of the product development group and develops strong cross-functional relationships throughout the division. Assignment will provide exposure to the business categories, suppliers and manufacturing network of the CCL organization.
Under the direction of the Development Manager, the Product Development Chemist is accountable for:
- Development or modification of coatings to improve function of current or new products.
- Working with suppliers to formulate adhesives for market segments.
- Testing new formulations to customer specifications.
- Scaling product development activities to meet project deadlines. This includes:
- Bench top and pilot plant development
- Experimental design test work
- Evaluating results with a team to determine direction
- Maintaining appropriate records of work
- Helping plan, organize, and conduct plant trials and trials at supplier locations.
- Understanding, creating, implementing, and modifying product and process specifications and procedures.
- Modifying designs based upon testing outcomes.
- Recommending process and material improvements to achieve superior results.
EDUCATION & OTHER MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
Degree in Chemistry or related field required.
Ability to travel: Position requires approximately 25% travel. This varies based on project cycles.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, technical competence, and initiative.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Self-motivation and goal orientation.
- Good oral and written communication skills in order to communicate effectively with cross functional team members and management.
- Must be a team player and possess good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with suppliers to develop reliable and repeatable components.
- Knowledge of and follows applicable safety procedures and GMPs.
- Competent in Flow/FMEA/Control Plans
- Ability to present highly technical material in an easy to understand way.
- Understanding of DOEs, statistical analysis, and experimental design.
- We offer a competitive benefits package along with an exciting and challenging work environment! Apply now to learn more about this growth opportunity.
- 401(k) with generous company match
- Paid time off
- Gain share bonus eligibility