POSITION: Customer Programme Manager
LOCATION: Glasgow HQ
TRAVEL:Mainly European plus occasional travel to China and North American operations and global client support
REPORTING TO: Director of Sales Europe. CCL Design - Intelligent Decorative Technologies
As a fast growing and successful division of CCL Industries, CCL Design is a global engineering and manufacturing business which has built a reputation for innovation and problem solving, aimed at its client base around the world. It has grown organically and through strategic acquisitions to build valued capabilities. One of these acquisitions was the McGavigan business, a highly respected and recognised international expert in decorative and functional plastics, with a strong presence in the automotive interior and exterior markets.
Much of the company’s success has been founded on its ability to deliver technical excellence throughout the entire product development process, from concept design through to full industrialisation. The McGavigan business, now trading as CCL Design – Intelligent Decorative Technologies, aims to engage with its clients at concept design phase, offering support ranging from advice on material selections and finishes, product design optimisation and feasibility recommendations, tooling design and construction, product trialling and sample prove-out, right through to full-scale industrialisation and automation.
The company is looking to recruit experienced engineering professionals with extensive knowledge of single and multi-shot plastic injection moulding processes, covering injection tool design and manufacture. Ideally, they will have some experience of inmould decoration and/or polyurethane over moulding (PUR) processes. They will also be experienced in project management in a customer facing role. In the course of the job, the positions will require some international travel, meeting with clients, suppliers and other production sites, as well as our technology collaboration partners.
These roles are an integral part of the client facing business development group, working alongside the sales team to build collaborative client relationships, and to support business growth through developing engineering solutions that help match customer needs. This includes participating in the group product and process development activities, covered by our Technology Council activities.
The roles require people of an exceptional technical and entrepreneurial nature, who think logically and have an organised working style that inspires creative thinking and the ability to get things done effectively within a team environment.
Attributes we look for:
Background and qualifications:
- Very strong in your technical field, able to use this expertise to guide and advise teams in a structured and professional manner.
- A very organised, methodical working style, comfortable managing multiple project activities at different stages of the process.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to develop and build strong relationships.
- Naturally instinctive problem solver, able to assess challenges and map reliable technical solutions to the problem.
- Competent presenter, able to communicate and persuade an audience of technical concepts based on logic.
- A team player above all.
- You are likely to be a university educated graduate in a mechanical design and engineering/polymer engineering discipline with at least five years practical working experience in the plastic injection moulding and decoration disciplines, or a suitably experienced candidate coming up through a related technical apprenticeship in the same disciplines.
- A good working knowledge in parametric design tools and the use of predictive tools such as Moldflow are essential.
- You will have been in a customer/supplier facing role, and will be able to demonstrate good communication skills at both a technical and conversational level.
- The business serves clients from many regions in the world, and we pride ourselves on being enjoyable to work with (for clients, colleagues and supply chain partners), so candidates must be able to demonstrate good cultural sensitivity and an ability to adapt to different customs and environments.
- Working in the automotive sector is a distinct advantage, with a thorough understanding of product design and qualification/testing demands.
- The value proposition offered to clients goes beyond simple products, but extends to a much wider range of technology support, some of which is developed alongside clients. As these roles act as an advisory role to customers, candidates who can demonstrate an understanding and/or experience in the following technology areas will have an advantage:
- printed electronics and their application as capacitive/proximity sensors
- chemical coating and surface treatments/lacquering technologies
- lightweight gas assisted injection technologies
- polyurethane injection over moulding
- printing/deposition of conductive ink systems
- optical light guide design and light dispersion
A competitive remuneration package with performance related incentives will be provided to successful candidates.